HealthOne Dental Care
Dental Clinic in North York, Toronto
Welcome to Health One Medical Centre Dental care - we are North York’s Premier Dental Clinic! We can be easily located in the heart of North York at 5292 Yonge St, close to Finch and Sheppard.
At HealthOne Dental, our primary focus is on preventative care and patient education for long term dental health. Our team consists of highly trained, knowledgeable, and friendly people skilled in the art of providing personalized care in a comfortable environment. We work hard to provide a positive dental experience for each one of you. We enjoy what we do and value the lasting relationships we have built.
What to expect if you are visiting the dentist for the first time?
The dentist will perform a complete oral examination and discuss and treatment you may need. The examination can identify conditions such as cosmetics concerns, tooth decay, gum disease, and even oral cancer. With your input we will create a custom treatment plan to meet your needs and budget.
During a typical checkup your dentist or dental hygienist will remove the plaque and tartar from above and below the gum line of all teeth with the help of professional cleaning methods. The length of your first visit will be between 1 to 1½ hours depending on the basic teeth cleaning options you opted for during the visit.
What To Bring
There are a few things you should bring with you. If you have had dental x-rays in the last six months, please bring them to your first appointment. This will help us make visit pleasant and brief. If you don’t have them, new x-rays and photos will be taken.
With just a few simple forms, we will ask for relevant medical history, any medications you might be taking, your dental history, and any dental insurance coverage you may have.
Routine Dental Procedures
At HealthOne Dental, we are committed to just one main goal to help you achieve your very best smile! We understand that going to the dentist may not be your favorite thing to do, but we work very hard to make sure your experience with us is a great one. We are committed to providing gentle, quality dental care for all of our patients. You could be visiting us for a routine dental cleaning or a life-changing smile makeover we assure to take the utmost care of you and your pearly whites!
- Crowns / Caps - Dental crowns are fabricated caps that are used to protect and restore teeth which are damaged by excessive decay. It is used in treating teeth in which composite fillings alone will not suffice.
- Dental Bridges - A dental bridge is used in cases where two or more teeth are missing or decayed to the point where they require extraction. It is a fixed dental prosthesis which joins an artificial tooth permanently to adjacent teeth or dental implants.
- Periodontal Treatment – It is done when gums pull away from the teeth and form infected pockets or spaces in between. To treat it the nonsurgical way we do a special cleaning, called “scaling and root planing,” to remove plaque and tartar deposits on the tooth and root surfaces. In severe cases we suggest you do Flap surgery where tiny incisions are made in your gum so that a section of gum tissue can be lifted back, exposing the roots for more effective scaling and root planing.
- Root Canal - Root canal treatment is an often straightforward procedure to relieve dental pain and save your teeth in case of infection or inflammation.
- Teeth Cleaning - This is mostly performed during your first visit. In rare cases it might be scheduled for a follow-up visit depending on the condition of your teeth and gums.
- Teeth Whitening - You only have one chance to make a first impression. A dazzling smile can make all the difference, and it can be attained easily with teeth whitening cosmetic services that we provide.
- White Fillings - If you develop a cavity in a highly visible part of your mouth or need to repair chipped, broken, or worn teeth then you may prefer a tooth-colored white filling which is usually made of tooth-colored, plastic, and materials called composite resin fillings. There is also a material that contains glass particles and is known as glass ionomer. This kind of white filling chemically bonds to tooth structure, providing further support.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal - Impacted wisdom teeth can become problematic, painful and need to be removed via a minor and fairly common oral surgery.
HealthOne is proud to offer Invisalign. It is the preferred clear and transparent alternative to traditional metal braces. No longer do you have to feel embarrassed or self-conscious of wearing braces.
Why is it better?
- Clear and transparent design makes them virtually unseen.
- Custom made aligners help in straightening and strengthening your teeth to give you that perfect smile.
- Made from smooth and comfortable plastic that feels more natural to wear.
- Able to take them off when you want and adjust.
- You can eat the foods you want without them getting stuck.
- Less uptake and scheduled appointments required over traditional braces.
So what are you waiting for? Book an Appointment and get Invisalign today!
At HealthOne, we set priority for dental emergencies. Whether you have severe pain, a lost crown, chipped or broken tooth, we can help. Appointments may be booked for the same day so you do not have to wait for your pain to go away.
What To Do in a Dental Emergency:
Do not Ignore It! If you have severe pain, call and book an appointment right away. Do not expect for the pain to just go away without treatment.
If you have broken or chipped tooth, rinse and apply gauze to slow bleeding. Apply ice to outside of mouth to help reduce pain and swelling.
Lost Crown: Book an appointment right away and ensure you bring the crown with you.
At HealthOne, we know how important your teeth and eventually a perfect smile are to add to your face value. Your happy and healthy smile is our topmost priority!